Know how to detect the unnoticed cyber security incidents to protect yourself from a breach
Almost everyday there’s a new headline about cyberattacks and their devastating losses that could potentially threaten the survival of your business in a snap. There are many such incidents that occur on a regular basis but go unnoticed simply because organizations do not know how to detect them. For instance, it is quite possible that even though your information is not being compromised, it is being threatened.
But like all other times, NFT is here to raise your understanding of such incidents only so that you are able to identify these security incidents right at the beginning and not compromise on the safety of your business.
Whenever you experience the following incidents, know that your information is being threatened.
- Traffic sent to or from unknown locations – if your company only operates in one country, but you notice traffic being sent to other countries is an indication of a malicious activity.
- Abnormal browsing behavior – you could notice this through repeated pop-ups, unforeseen redirects, or differences in the browser configuration that you are unaware of.
- Excessive consumption – if you begin to notice an unexpected increase in your server memory’s or hard drives’ performance beware because an attacker could be attempting to access them illegally.
- Unanticipated modifications – these could be in the form of unknown password changes, user account lockouts or unforeseen differences in group memberships.
- Anomalies in outbound network traffic – it is very important that you monitor traffic leaving your perimeters. Such incidents could include large company files being uploaded to personal cloud applications or being downloaded to external storage devices or even email messages being sent with large attachments outside the company without your permission.
All of these incidents could turn into a threatening cyber attack. Be responsible and beware by adopting cybersecurity services that can help your company stay secure. Spend a little today and save yourself f rom losing all that you’ve earned. NFT offers consulting services in all aspects of cybersecurity, f rom strategic planning to the most technical engineering challenges. Our team will make sure to design the perfect solution based on your company’s specific needs. So stop waiting, and contact us now!