You can now catch the latest news from South Coast Blaze
Top 3 benefits of posting videos across your social channels
Measuring your “return of investment” in social media
Digital Ads right now, it’s worth it.
Top 5 online-editing tools you must use for your business
Know what social media platforms to use if you are B2C, B2B or both
So you have a business and want to take that big step and set up your business game on social media. Congratulations! All companies need to have a presence on social media.
However, the one thing that companies sometimes fail is choosing the right social media platform for their company. It’s an easy mistake to make – social media is fickle. Staying on top of new channels, trends, and the best practices takes quite some time and a lot of hard work.
Before you jump right into the world of social media, one question that you have to ask yourself:
Are you a B2C, B2B, or both?
This is the first question you always need to ask yourself before you jump right in. By knowing what type of company you are, you will be able to hone down to what social media platform best suits your company/business.
So what is your company? Really?
Knowing if you fall either in B2C, B2B, or both changes what social media platform you should be on. The reason for this is because B2C companies the content lifecycle is built around driving a single consumer to make a quick, on impulse purchase while B2B addresses multiple stakeholders, each needing different information and proof that there is a value when they are in the buyer journey.
Platforms to use
Facebook & Instagram:
- Both B2B and B2C businesses can benefit from using Facebook to promote the company, although this platform is more geared for B2C use.
- B2B companies generally use this channel to promote the “human” side of the brand, engaging with their audience showing what the company does and their company culture.
- B2B and B2C companies can use this platform as both of their audiences interact actively on this channel.
- For B2C companies, this is where they can post easy content to entertain while participating in the conversation with their audience.
- For B2B companies, this can be a platform where they post educational content like informative articles.
- Primarily used by B2B companies, this platform is known to have the largest network for professionals. When using this channel to leverage LinkedIn, your businesses must post educational content that your team is producing. Not only that, explore and use the other features that LinkedIn offers like as showcase pages and industry pages.
If you are still not sure where to start? We at Netfusion Technology are ready to help you begin your journey.